Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Advertising

I feel that effective advertising on the television is the best way to reach people’s minds to buy what they’re selling. It works and has been since the television was invented I believe. I buy products to make my life easier first and then for personal use second. I do not do a lot of shopping, but from looking at my house I see Vicks products such as Dayquil & Nightquil, Fruit of the Loom & Hanes white plain t-shirts, and Adidas shoes & jerseys. Whenever I am at the mall or the pharmacy, I browse at all the products and would consider a generic brand because in some cases cheaper and just as good. Sometimes I am swayed by celebrity endorsements such as Michael Jordan, because his cologne & shoes are amazing in my opinion. He does in fact use his own products that he endorses. As a musician playing the trombone I do get jingles stuck in my head, for example “Give Me That Filet-O-Fish” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIq92yp_a0c
I believe that no one has seen this commercial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_hwMtG2xCs&NR=1
Teenagers’ hormones flying crazy and want to have sex, of course one partner asks “Do you have protection?” and the other shows the Skin condom. Of course it is every teenager’s nightmare to get caught by their parents and here they almost get caught. Watch and see why.
Teenagers are the target and are more likely to buy the product. It’s the fact that the condoms are flavored and can be used as chewing gum.

3 comments:

  1. That McDonald's commercial was funny, I never eat their but it made me laugh. I also don't like fish but that commercial was catchy and entertaining. I actually have never seen that commercial of the McDonald’s one nor have I seen the condom one. The condom one was funny too, but I bet that didn’t taste too good! Haha. I totally agree with you that teenagers are targeted; I believe that goes for both commercials. I also agree that if a commercial gets into a person’s mind they are most likely to buy that product over something that isn’t related to them at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jose,
    I agree with you about how commercials you see on TV make you only buy that certain product. Similar to you I do not go shopping very often, but when I do (it is a rare occasion) I tend to always find myself looking at products that I have recently seen on TV. Normally I will always buy Hanes White T-shirts just because Michael Jordan is the man who does the advertising for them. In general I think it is weird how commercials can do that to you and most the time you don’t even realize it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha ... "chewing gum" hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete